- The project BEEV – the rehabilitation of a high modernist house by Koen Pauwels, Wim Van der Vurst and Hannah Corbett received a special mention.
- The project G1609 Chapel Ninove by GAFPA BUREAU VOOR ARCHITECTUUR EN STEDEN (Floris De Bruyn, Philippe De Berlangeer and Frederick Verschueren) was one of the shortlisted projects.
- In the category ‘Education’ alumna Ekin Başkentli was finalist with her master thesis project ‘Mending Wall‘. Ekin completed her thesis in our faculty’s Master of Architecture under the supervision of Tomas Ooms.
Browse the award categories: Education (students/instructors), Practice and Research Honorary Award.
View all awards hersus-sharingplatform.org/on.
An itinerant exhibition will be hosted by the University of Seville, Spain and a catalogue will be published.
The HERSUS Prize on Modern Heritage is an initiative within the Erasmus+ project Enhancing of Heritage Awareness and Sustainability of Built Environment in Architectural and Urban Design – HERSUS, implemented as Strategic Partnership for higher education and co-funded by European Commission. HERSUS consortium consist of five universities from Europe:
- University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade, Serbia, as lead organisation;
- Università Iuav di Venezia, Venezia, Italy;
- University of Cyprus – Department of Architecture, Nicosia, Cyprus;
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – School of Architecture, Thessaloniki, Greece;
- University of Seville, Spain