WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION is an annual exhibition organized by Designregio Kortrijk and its partners since 2014. The exhibition shows the Belgian designers of tomorrow, through an overview of the best student projects from creative design education.
The work of eight students of the Faculty of Architecture was selected for the exhibition:
- ‘Interior architecture and nostalgia’ – Katrien Diaz (Master of Interior Architecture)
- ‘(UN)FAMILIAR.’ – Inez Leduc (Master of Interior architecture)
- ‘Mirror Cloud’ – Fien De Vos & Ruben Van Wonterghem (Bachelor of Architecture)
- ‘Perfect_Imperfections’ – Hannes Torrekens, Artuur Herman & Gaetan Van Beversluys (Bachelor of Architecture)
- ‘Vacancy as Urban Asset’ – Heather Stael (Master of Architecture)
– Inez Leduc (laureate) and Katrien Diaz both completed their master’s thesis in the studio ‘Performatieve Ruimte en Nabijheid : The Wicked Home’ (conducted by Jo Liekens and Roel De Ridder).
– The work of Fien De Vos, Ruben Van Wonterghem, Hannes Torrekens, Artuur Herman and Gaetan Van Beversluys was created in the Lab-O course.
– Heather Stael’s graduation project was realized in the studio ‘Images for the medium-sized city – Designing on the Buda Island in Kortrijk’ (conducted by Maarten Gheysen).
More info: https://designregio-kortrijk.be/en/drk-for-you/we-are-the-next-generation-exhibtion (scroll down to overview ‘Architecture’)
In 2021, the expo will take place from October 15 to November 14, 2021 and is part of WONDER – Kortrijk Creativity Festival, just like the Biennale Interieur with its new design event ‘PLEASE, HAVE A SEAT’. The location is the factory halls on the former site of Van Marcke in Kortrijk.
The full program and tickets can be found here: https://wonderkortrijk.be/